Welcome to our AGM! Children’s Quarter is a cooperative with:
- Members that are groups or organisations – they get a vote in decisions
- Individual supporters – they don’t get a vote but can join in everything else we do
- a set of Rules – which describe our organisation as a non-profit company based on cooperative principles and with aims that are charitable.
As a coop, we are committed to democratic decision-making and encourage participation by Members. We hold four Members’ meetings each year so that Members and Supporters can discuss and put forward ideas of what they want Children’s Quarter to do. In between Members’ Meetings, a Board elected by the Members makes decisions and approves plans etc.
The Annual General Meeting in May, is when the Members hear reports from the Board and the staff employed by the Coop; and elect new Board members. Board members usually serve for three years. One third of the board places come up for election at each AGM. Members, Supporters and Guests are all welcome at the AGM. This year, the AGM will take place as a Zoom meeting on Thursday 19th May at 11am-12.30pm.
On 29 March the Dept for Education published its SEND Review: Right support, right place, right time, a consultation on the special educational needs and disabilities (SEND) and alternative provision. The consultation sets out proposed reforms seeking to address three key challenges:
- poor outcomes for children and young people with SEND
- the negative experience that SEND children, their families and parents have in finding their way through the system
- the lack of value added for children, young people and families.
We’re looking through the proposals to introduce and explain them and provide space for some discussion.
Book here – and Members send nominations and any motions
Book your place at/enquire about the AGM Zoom here and, Members, please add any nominations to the Board or the text of any motion you want debated at the AGM:
Download a copy of Children’s Quarter Rules * This is a PDF document – see for details
Download a printable sheet about the CQ AGM 2022 (also a PDF – see above)
Copies of the Annual Report and Accounts will be sent to Members by Tuesday 10 May and can be requested by email to Laura at CQ.
Board Nominations and Motions for the AGM
Members only – you can nominate people to serve on the Board by email to Hazel at CQ and submit motions for debate at the AGM by email to Paul at CQ or add nominations or the text of motions to the form above by Tuesday 17 May 11:59pm.