Children and young people with additional needs and their families needn’t miss out on Summer 2019 activities and healthy eating funded as part of Birmingham’s Happy Healthy Holidays programme funded by the Department for Education. Children’s Quarter members are offering inclusive opportunities ranging from football and adventure play to gardening and drama at twenty locations across the city as part of the scheme, which is run by Sport Birmingham, The Active Wellbeing Society and the Accord Group. Details of the wider scheme are available from Happy Healthy Holidays.
See the map and list below for details of schemes that are including children and young people with additional needs this summer. Note that:
- some sessions are only open to children who go to a particular school etc;
- priority is generally given to local children and young people;
- schemes also be appropriate for particular age groups etc
- in general, schemes are free but some may make a charge (and offer concessions)
- some schemes may already be full.
Link to a larger Map of Children’s Quarter HHH Summer Session locations using Google
See more details either by following the links in the map above or using the list below:
- Get-Ahead Space
- Paediatric First Aid
- Youth Worker(s)
- Youth Work Coordinator
- School Administration Manager
- Part-Time Play Leader
- Outreach Tutor
- Intro to Inclusive Play
- Autism Awareness
- Children Don’t Grow in Boxes… They Thrive in Communities!
- Parks for Play Summer Sessions
- Seven Up Summer Playscheme in the Secret Garden
- Shining Stars Summer Activities
- Extended Summer Sessions at Baskerville School
- Square Peg in Kingstanding and Sutton Coldfield
Further sessions are being organised by:
- Children’s Quarter partners at Meriden Adventure Playground in Chelmsley Wood
- Source Club at the Maypole Centre in Druids Heath
- Uffculme Forest School in Moseley.
There are details of further sessions including some that are inclusive of children and young people with additional needs at Happy Healthy Holidays.