Sutton Coldfield; self employed or employed £10.50ph; Square Peg Activities
Contact: Sharon, Operational Director, Square Peg Activities Limited, 37 Gate Lane Sutton Coldfield B73 5TR
tel: 0121 824 0508 mob: 07947354915
Square Peg Activities Limited is a registered charity based in Boldmere, Sutton Coldfield; delivering a range of appropriate activities to children with additional needs and disability of all ages.
Parents currently stay with their children but in the future, this may change where parents can leave children depending on the child’s circumstances.
We are looking for a play leader who:
- Can organise fun activities,
- Has a solid knowledge (or ability to research) specialist interests including Cbeebies, Football, Superheroes, Pokemon and Musical Theatre…these can change weekly
- Can play in the rain and the mud and sometimes sunshine
- Always has snacks prepared
- Will treat all the children (disabled or not) as equals
- Likes noise and is good at tidying up mess
- Has the confidence and ability to coordinate groups of very excitable children and teens.
The successful candidate will ideally hold a relevant Play Worker or Childcare qualification but experience and common sense are just as important
- Good team worker
- Patient and caring
- Able to get on well with children, their parents and carers
- Well organised
- Adaptable and creative
- Aware of health and safety issues
- Firm and decisive, particularly when working with teenagers.
You should also have:
- A real interest in developing children through play
- Good communication skills
- A sense of fun
- The ability to motivate children.
HOURS (these can flex to some extent)
1 afternoon (Tuesday) and up to 3/4 after school clubs (including Monday and Tuesday, others to be arranged)
7 hours per day Monday to Friday
Ideally Play worker or Teaching assistant qualification and preferably with experience working with children with additional needs/disability. However, we will consider those who feel they have the right experience skills and passion
Self-motivated and committed to safeguarding (compulsory safeguarding training will be conducted prior to start date)
Have the necessary skills to take the lead and manage volunteers
Have the flexibility to work additional hours to accommodate demand/new provision. This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
This career is an exception to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. This means that you must supply information to an employer about any spent or unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands or warnings, if they ask you to. This is different from other careers, where you only have to reveal information on unspent convictions if you are asked to.